The objective of this course is to equip analysts with the fundamental knowledge of Power Point. Participants will be exposed to the different techniques employed in creating eye catching graphics and investment pitch books using the tools in Power Point.
The goal of the course is to equip the analysts to understand the fundamental drivers of value of a company and estimate the value of the company. The analysts should understand the process of undertaking the valuation and the uncover insights about the company such that they are well ahead of the market in predicting the share price trajectory of companies based on fundamentals
The objective of this course is to equip the analysts with a sound knowledge of the stock market, the fundamental and psychological drivers of the market to enable them to discuss, intelligently with clients and the public, the market drivers, risks and outlook during any phase of the market cycle. Also, it aims to enable the analysts leverage the knowledge to advise clients on optimal investment decision to profit from the market or minimize their loss exposure. Analysts will also be exposed to several earnings reports to enable them to convert their industry, company and financial analysis knowledge into investment analysis and communication to clients. Emphasis is placed on how to communicate their analysis and findings.
This course aims to build a strong foundational knowledge of fixed income securities for undertaking advanced fixed income courses, understanding global fixed income report, building fixed income models, analyzing and making investment recommendations on fixed income issuances, advising on strategies to exploit trading opportunities in the market, and identifying gaps in the Nigerian market, and developing products to deepen and broaden the local market. This course does not cover analysis and valuation of complex fixed income products not traded in the Nigerian Market, and the derivatives used to risk manage them.
This course is meant to equip analysts with the modeling skills required to undertake their financial analysis in a very efficient way. The course also aims to provide a solid foundation such that as they build up their finance knowledge bank, they are able to model what they learn. This course provides the modeling skills required for investment banking, real estate, accounting and portfolio management.
• Analysis of Internal environment
• Porter’s Five forces
• Life-cycle Analysis
• Analysis of the external environment
• Macroeconomic factors
• Social factors
• Technological factors etc.
• Analysis of various competitive Strategies
• What to consider in company analysis
• Corporate Profile
• Characteristics and position in the industry
• Demand and Supply analysis of Product
• Pricing environment etc.
• Framework for Company Analysis
Financial Statement Analysis
• Why Financial Statement Analysis
• Understanding the major financial and other non-financial elements
• Income Statement
• Analysis of each line item
• Common size analysis
• Statement of Financial Position
• Analysis of each line item
• Common size analysis
• Cashflow Statement
• Profitability ratios and their interpretations
• Liquidity ratios and their interpretations
• Solvency ratios and their interpretations
• Indicators of risks in a financial statement
• Compare historical performance and peer review
• Practical examples on some companies listed on the NSE
Open Course: NGN 100,000/participant
Office implant: NGN 1.5m/class of 10
• Understanding the dashboard
• Interacting with the dashboard
• Getting Data: Excel vs Power BI Desktop & Service
• Naming for Q&A
Modeling Setup and Manage
• Setup and Mange Relationships
• Cardinality and Cross Filtering
• Default Summarization & Sort by
Power BI Desktop Visualizations
• Color & Conditional Formatting
• Setting Sort Order
• Slicers, Timeline Slicers & Sync Slicers
• Visual, Page and Report Level Filters
• Map Visualizations
• KPI’s, Cards & Gauges
• Bookmarks & Buttons.
Power BI Service Visualization Tools
• Standalone Tiles
Publishing & Sharing
• Overview of sharing options
• Publish from Power BI Desktop
• Publish Reports to Web
• Row Level Security
• Understanding Data Refresh
• Replacing a Dataset
• Troubleshooting Refreshing
For every implant training:
• We tailor each module to the needs of the company and a pre-training assessment will be conducted to determine any special need and the curriculum enhanced to meet such objectives.
• We provide hands-on experience in which the participants will follow the skill demonstrations of the instructors on their laptops and build models of their own.
• We acknowledge that everyone is not on the same point on the learning curve and will therefore be willing to give special attention to participants needing such to bring everyone to speed on the training.
• Meristem is here to add value and will therefore provide a guaranteed follow-up service for thirty days (30) after the course. During this period, participants can email the instructors any question that pertains to the classes and they will be responded to within 1-2 business days.